Special Episode – 5
Category Archives: Special
Covid-19 Special edition episode # 4
This special episode of Turn the Page we are joined by Jennifer Rubins from Penguin Random House Library Marketing Team to discuss even more resources available to a variety of readers and for librarians during quarantine.
FOR PATRONS – OR FOR EVERYONE!
· Love the library but hate the holds list? Visit: https://borrowreadrepeat.com/ Great collection ideas!
· For up-to-date weekly and daily #BooksConnectUs virtual author events visit: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/articles/books-connect-us-live-4-13-4-19/
· Kids virtual events: Read Together Be Together https://www.readtogetherbetogether.com/
· #AskaLibrarian on Twitter: Thursdays @ noon ET!
· Download the Volumes app (free family listens available until 4/30/20): https://www.penguinrandomhouseaudio.com/volumes-app/
· More about the free family listens: https://www.penguinrandomhouseaudio.com/blog/listen-at-home-free-audiobook-downloads/
LIBRARIANS & EDUCATORS:
· Digital Resources For Libraries on PRH Library site
· Daily blogs for librarians at http://penguinrandomhouselibrary.com/
· Audiobook Resources, Virtual Storytime, and more online tools for Libraries, Educators, and Parents on Books on Tape site
· Find audiobook clips and more at: www.booksontape.com
· Weekly book buzz: Register and see archives here: PRH Morning Book Buzz every Wednesday at 11 am ET
SPANISH RESOURCES FOR LIBRARIANS:
· PRH Libros en Español (Full Title List Through Spring 2020)
Covid-19 Special edition episode # 3: Lucy Knisley and the Virus Diaries.
Stacey and Jessikah chat with comic artist Lucy Knisley about fostering pets, self care, and parenting young children in the time of the Covid-19. Lucy also chats with us about the challenges authors and publishers are faced with when releasing new books in these strange times.
On Worry in the time of Corona
In the wake of COVID-19 libraries, educators, authors, and publishers are coming together to find new ways to reach the public. Skip Dye of Penguin Random House graciously agreed to chat with us about the recent policy released by his company which will allow us to use remote services and social media to provide Storytimes and beyond to our communities as we practice responsible social distancing.
See link to policy below.
Other links of interest:
PRH Volumes App: https://www.penguinrandomhouseaudio.com/volumes-app/
PRH Library #Read20in20 Reading Challenge: http://penguinrandomhouselibrary.com/2020/01/25/read20in20-reading-challenge/
Join FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2574764926114327/
PRH Library Debut Fiction Samplers: https://issuu.com/prhlibrary/stacks/54306a6ed47d413a923ab509f6aad2b1
PRH Library Seasonal Excerpt Samplers: https://issuu.com/prhlibrary/stacks/5688c198658d452e952c866227f47bb2
PRH Library Book Club Brochures: https://issuu.com/prhlibrary/stacks/24e9493dac5b435d8b00718c8324796d
First Look Book Club: http://www.librarywebservices.com/firstlook/index.cfm
Open License Online Story Time & Classroom Read Aloud: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/penguin-random-house-temporary-open-license/
PRHLibrary Website: http://penguinrandomhouselibrary.com/
PRH Library Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PRHLibrary
PRH Library Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prhlibrary/
PRH Library Twitter: https://twitter.com/PRHLibrary
PRH Library Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/rhlibrary
BRR Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/borrowreadrepeat/
BRR Twitter: https://twitter.com/BorrowReadRpeat
BRR Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/borrowreadrepeat/
PRH Library Graphic Novel eNewsletter: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdUMau21obRf_T_pEWTADlJVnSMWnMdUGtFXvdbXHewy3bEug/viewform?c=0&w=1
This is the Author Podcast: https://www.penguinrandomhouseaudio.com/this-is-the-author/
Read it Forward “The Adaptables” Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-adaptables/id1500081186
PRH Library Kids eNewsletter: https://confirmsubscription.com/h/j/53654E9165ED2CC9
RHCB Twitter: https://twitter.com/RHCBEducators
RHCB Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/therandomschoolhouse
RHCB Elementary Resources: https://www.rhteacherslibrarians.com/latest-buzz/elementary-school-resources/?ref=PRHE9C3822955
RHCB Middle School Resources: https://www.rhteacherslibrarians.com/latest-buzz/middle-school-resources/?ref=PRHE9C3822955
RHCB High School Resources: https://www.rhteacherslibrarians.com/latest-buzz/high-school-resources/?ref=PRHE9C3822955
PYR Discussion Guides / Educator Resources: https://penguinclassroom.com/educator-resources/?ref=PRH907D1E39E79D&linkid=PRH907D1E39E79D&cdi=228E83419F0726F6E0534FD66B0AC30A&template_id=16046&aid=randohouseinc9289-20
PYR Request to Skype an Author: https://penguinclassroom.com/request-an-author-visit/?ref=PRH907D1E39E79D&linkid=PRH907D1E39E79D&cdi=228E83419F0726F6E0534FD66B0AC30A&template_id=16046&aid=randohouseinc9289-20
Brightly Storytime: https://www.readbrightly.com/topics/brightly-storytime/
Brightly Recommendations: https://www.readbrightly.com/topics/kid-approved/